About Me

My photo
Is it the cocktail hour? It must be 5 o'clock somewhere in the world!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

YOU HAVE BEEN UPGRADED – MAGICAL WORDS TO A TOURIST...

Update - an increase or improvement in one's service, accommodations, privileges, or the like – eg: if the ship isn't full we'll receive an upgrade to a deluxe stateroom.
Recently I was in Sydney to take my beloved to the Airport for her long awaited overseas trip and when we checked into our usual apartments for an overnight stay we hear
d the above magical words. We were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment where each bedroom had an ensuite & we had this huge balcony with sweeping views over Coogee – absolutely fantastic!!!
This is not the first time I have heard these words, many years ago I was off on a holiday to Cairns & when I rocked up to the booking counter I was informed that there were no seats available in economy due to the Utah Mormon Choir taking up the whole economy section, well, my heart sank but only for a few seconds until the clerk informed me that I will have travel first class – damn! It was a wonderful experience I wish I could afford all the time, needless to say I rolled off the plane at Cairns a very happy traveller.
Another time was more recently when I was travelling down to Victoria to visit my best friend and her daughter. Usually I book a medium sized hire car that way I am not travelling in a baby car as I call them but a reasonable sized car. At the counter the lady takes my booking and with a very stern apologetic look on her face informed me that there were no cars available in the size I had requested and I was being upgraded to a 2009 Ford Mondeo – again damn!

This car was a dream drive, it had cruise control, surround sound stereo and the best feature (so far as I am concerned) was the automatic windscreen wiper that detected rain on the windscreen and swept it away automatically – very cool :)
So as I finish this article I wish to you all the hope of hearing those magical words in your travels –

Au Revior :)

No comments:

Post a Comment